In our business with you, we collect certain personal data. Here we explain what data we collect and why, how we store and use it, and your rights to control this. In law, we need a valid reason to process your personal data. These include but aren’t limited to: your consent, fulfilling a contract with you, legal, business and security reasons. This policy is subject to revision, so see https://www.turnkey-instruments.com/privacy-policy for the latest terms.
We receive information about you when you contact us (at our offices, by post, phone, email or customer support portal) or use our services (websites, AirQWeb, our software and mobile apps). This may include your: name, postal address, phone number, email address, account name, device network address, CCTV footage of you on our premises, and other information. If you pass us personal information about a third party, please ensure you have their consent to do this. Some of our website pages also include embedded YouTube videos or Google Maps. These services are provided by Google, which collects IP address and/or cookie information from visitors to the page.
We use your data for:
- Processing orders, billing and payments for our products and services.
- Carrying out work for a contract we have with you, e.g. for servicing.
- To provide some of the functions of our services, e.g. accounts in AirQWeb.
- Correspondence with you when you make an enquiry, e.g. about product features, or for technical support.
- Contacting you about changes to our services and charges.
- Informing you about new products and services, if you have agreed to receiving this.
- Security and performance monitoring, e.g. website access logs.
Forms on this website may use the reCAPTCHA service provided by Google for the purpose of preventing spam submissions. This works by collecting hardware and software information, such as device and application data, and sending these data to Google for analysis. This information is used for improving reCAPTCHA and for general security purposes. It will not be used for personalised advertising by Google, Turnkey Instruments or anyone else.
When sending SMS alerts in AirQ and AirQWeb, we make use of third-party SMS services for which you can create an account. For this purpose, these account login details, your message and recipients are used and stored (locally on your own computer for AirQ, on our server for AirQWeb) for as long as you keep them saved. Email alerts are sent using our own servers, and stored for a short period afterwards for performance and monitoring purposes.
Your data is stored on our networks and servers, and also on the servers of other providers whose services we use for website hosting, email, support and job management. Data may also be stored temporarily for transfer on file hosting services such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Storage is on servers within the EU, or with companies outside the EU that agree to conform with EU data protection rules.
We keep your personal data while it is needed to perform tasks for you as a customer, is required legally, or is information you want us to retain. For example, keeping correspondence on a technical support matter helps us resolve problems you may have with our products, and allow us to identify recurring issues where we need to modify the product.
Data is securely stored on the servers and systems we use, with access restricted to those who need it and sensitive data encrypted. We use a variety of procedures and technology to protect this data. In the event of a security breach, we will thoroughly investigate the reason for the breach and its effects on data, and notify affected parties and the Information Commissioner as required by law.
Under data protection law, you have these rights with your data:
- To be informed about what we do with your data (the privacy notice).
- To access your data (in machine-readable format for data you have provided to us).
- To correct or update your data.
- To have your data erased, except where legally we have a reason to retain it.
- To object to or restrict processing of your data, except where legally we have a reason to. In particular, you have an absolute right to object to processing of your data for direct marketing.
- To review or object to automated decision-making.
If you wish to speak to us about a data or privacy issue, please contact:Turnkey Instruments Ltd
1 & 2 Dalby Court
Gadbrook Business Centre
Tel: 01606 330020
Fax: 01606 331526
We aim to deal with any personal data issues directly with you. But if you feel we are not handling the matter adequately, you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner:Information Commissioner’s Office
Tel: 0303 123 1113 or 01625 545745
Fax: 01625 524510